Here's to full bellies!
Homemade Kahlua (modified from recipe on Cupcake Project)
6 cups of freshly brewed coffee (We used Community coffee, but feel free to get fancy)
1 lb of light brown sugar (my loving husband measured it, by dumping in half of a 2 lb. bag!)
3 1/2 T. of Mexican dark vanilla
1/2 L of vodka (we used a vodka called Fris, recommended by a Big Daddy's Liquor employee)
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the brewed coffee and light brown sugar, stirring to dissolve.
2. Heat over medium heat at a high simmer for 10 minutes to reduce.
3. Remove coffee/sugar mixture and let cool completely.
4. Add in vanilla and vodka, and store in a tightly sealed container.
Van Smitty Mudslides
3 oz. homemade Kahlua
3 oz. homemade Bailey's
2 oz. vodka
3-4 scoops of premium Blue Bell Vanilla **
5 cubes of ice
1. Combine all ingredients in blender (starting with 3 scoops of ice cream).
2. Blend on high until blended to your liking.
3. Add more ice cream or ice if need be.
4. Enjoy and repeat!
** Using good ice cream makes a difference! We tried this recipe with store brand ice cream, and our mudslides were more like milkshakes! Still good, but better with Blue Bell!