Here's to full bellies!
Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream (as seen on Cupcake Project)
1 cup of heavy cream (you can also use light cream)
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 2/3 cup of Irish whiskey (we used Jameson's)
1 t. of instant coffee
2 T. of Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 t. of Mexican vanilla
1 t. of almond extract (I left this out)
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender on high. Mix for 30 seconds.
2. Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate.
3. Should keep for up to 2 months (although ours is halfway gone after one night!)
Van Smitty Mudslides
3 oz. homemade Kahlua
3 oz. homemade Bailey's
2 oz. vodka
3-4 scoops of premium Blue Bell Vanilla **
5 cubes of ice
1. Combine all ingredients in blender (starting with 3 scoops of ice cream).
2. Blend on high until blended to your liking.
3. Add more ice cream or ice if need be.
4. Enjoy and repeat!
** Using good ice cream makes a difference! We tried this recipe with store brand ice cream, and our mudslides were more like milkshakes! Still good, but better with Blue Bell!