Labels

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Homemade Bailey's..... and Van Smitty Mudslides!

To complete the Van Smitty Mudslides recipe calls for homemade Bailey's Irish Cream.  As I said in my previous post, I heart Cupcake Project's blog, and while looking up the homemade Kahlua recipe, I also hunted down this recipe for Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream (click on the link for her recipe!).  I have never used Bailey's except in mudslides, and didn't even price the bottle at my favorite liquor store, Big Daddy's!  It just wouldn't be fun to make homemade mudslides without making EVERYTHING from scratch, so we gathered up the goods to make the Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream.  We pretty much just stuck to the recipe I found on Cupcake Project, and was quite pleased with the results.  I have also included the recipe for Van Smitty Mudslides, in case you have Kahlua laying around and just want to make the Bailey's!

Here's to full bellies!

Vanessa

Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream (as seen on Cupcake Project)

1 cup of heavy cream (you can also use light cream)
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 2/3 cup of Irish whiskey (we used Jameson's)
1 t. of instant coffee
2 T. of Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 t. of Mexican vanilla
1 t. of almond extract (I left this out)

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender on high.  Mix for 30 seconds.
2. Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate.
3. Should keep for up to 2 months (although ours is halfway gone after one night!)

Van Smitty Mudslides

3 oz. homemade Kahlua
3 oz. homemade Bailey's
2 oz. vodka
3-4 scoops of premium Blue Bell Vanilla **
5 cubes of ice

1. Combine all ingredients in blender (starting with 3 scoops of ice cream).
2. Blend on high until blended to your liking.
3. Add more ice cream or ice if need be.
4. Enjoy and repeat!
** Using good ice cream makes a difference! We tried this recipe with store brand ice cream, and our mudslides were more like milkshakes! Still good, but better with Blue Bell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any and all comments, but lets keep it classy here! :0) Please remember that all opinions, pictures and postings are my own, unless otherwise cited. If you have had a different experience or have some insight, please feel free to let me know! :)