Let me know how the recipe works out for you, our family thinks it is pretty fantastic!
Vanessa's Shepherd's Pie
1 lb. lean ground turkey or beef
1 bag of frozen veggies
2 small cans of tomato sauce
1 box of instant mashed potatoes (cheese flavor is good!)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degres.
2. In a small pan, brown meat and drain excess grease. Season to taste.
3. Add frozen veggies and tomato sauce to meat, and cook on low for 3-5 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
4. In a seperate small pot, prepare instant potatoes following instructions on box.
5. In a casserole dish, pour the meat mixture in the bottom of the dish.
6. Using a spatula, spread the potato mixture on top of the meat mixture to make a "crust".
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes until potatoes look golden brown!