For our inaugural post, I give you..... Puppy Chow! A big crowd pleaser, the kids LOVE this stuff. It is easy and fast, and great for family movie nights! Enjoy, and let me know what you think! This is a great recipe for the kids to help with, as the only equipment used is a microwave, spoon and ziplocs!
1 cup Jif peanut butter
1 cup Country Crock butter (softened)
1 bag of Nestle chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of vanilla
9 cups of Crispix (or any rice) cereal
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter, chocolate chips and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 60-90 seconds, stirring at 30 second intervals. Chocolate should be smooth and slightly shiny.
2. In a large bowl, pour in 9 cups of Crispix cereal. Pour half of the chocolate mixture on cereal and toss gently. Add in remainder of chocolate mixture until cereal is WELL coated.
3. In a gallon sized ziplock, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Carefully add in half of the cereal mixture. Seal bag and shake vigorously. Open bag, add in another 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and shake again.
4. Repeat same process in second ziplock with remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar and remaining 1/2 of cereal mixture.
5. Let cool and enjoy! Store tightly sealed in ziplock bags.